Most real estate agents will tell you that nothing is more pleasing to potential home buyers than natural wood kitchen cabinets, because they bring a sense of stylishness and warmth into any kitchen. There are a lot of other features of wood kitchen cabinets.
1. Natural wood cabinets fit any kitchen style. You’ll find certain traditions relating to the woods and finishes most often utilized in distinctive kitchen models, including customs about cabinet door designs and styles. To illustrate, a darker wood like ebony, mahogany or cherry is best suited in a classic, country or eclectic style kitchen. It would rarely be utilized in present day styles.
2. Wood cabinets are tough and heavy duty. Wood base cabinets will readily support almost any counter top material, including stone (granite, slate, marble, or concrete), and they hold up well under substantial use, in addition to steam and heat. Most tiny marks, nicks or scratches can be easily mended. With time, wood should be re-finished, restored, cleaned as well as, painted or stained.
3. Solid wood cabinets are clearly much better than any material that’s MDF or veneered. Cabinets which are made with glue should be very carefully maintained seeing that the glue could be worn out by the humidity after a while and the laminate or veneer will begin to curl or peel. Timber is not going to curl or peel.
4. Solid wood kitchen cabinets are available in a wide range of wood selections and stains, allowing a homeowner to buy the color and wood that best match up with the theme and décor of their home. Many different woods can certainly be completed in numerous ways to make a distinctive patina.
5. Wood cabinets are safe. Unlike metal cabinets, there is nothing in wood cabinets that could chemically alter the food kept in them.
6. Wood kitchen cabinets will not go out of fashion. Hence their beauty and warmth enhance the visual appeal and worth of a home when it is time for you to put it up for sale.
Being familiar with these points, you now have a better understanding as to why people today want wooden kitchen cabinets instead of any other kind.